A Liberal government will renew democracy in Canada by:
* Making open government our default position for releasing information to the public;
* Holding a weekly People’s Question Period to allow Canadians to directly engage the prime minister and cabinet ministers with unfiltered questions;
* Limiting the prime minister’s power to prorogue Parliament;
* Reducing the size of the Prime Minister’s Office and returning to cabinet government; and
* Respecting the independence of watchdogs, boards and commissions.
It’s time to fight for our democracy.